This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos APs keep resetting

I have Sophos UTM appliances I bought from a vendor here in my office locations and I'm running Sophos UTM home at my house.  At my house, I have a Sophos AP 100 unit because I use wifi very heavily here.   One thing I've noticed for some time now (probably over a year) is that my AP 100 resets probably 1-2 times per hour on average and sometimes it will do it 10 times or more an hour.   I've kept up on on the firmware updates and while these updates have effected this AP resetting (sometimes better and sometimes worse), the AP still seems to reset.

Is the AP resetting a function of the Home license/version I'm using?  I could see the developer doing something like this on a free version.   I also use Sophos APs at work, but we don't use wifi very heavily there and so it's hard to know if these AP s   running on the commercial appliances operate as they are supposed to or they reset as well.

Thanks,

Greg

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Greg, I don't think this is normal.  If you're using PoE with that AP, what happens if you power it from a different source?  What happens if you use the AP at work?

If those thoughts don't get you anywhere, what do you see in the logs when the device resets?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thanks Bob.   I didn't think to check the PoE adapter.   That could definitely be the culprit given the AP seems to reset.   I'll see if I can get a regular power adapter and run it off straight power and see how it functions.  I did do a warranty return/replace for my first unit, but the PoE adapter has been the same from the time I bought the original AP. 

I have looked in the logs and I couldn't see any red flags.  

Greg

• Thanks Bob.   I didn't think to check the PoE adapter.   That could definitely be the culprit given the AP seems to reset.   I'll see if I can get a regular power adapter and run it off straight power and see how it functions.  I did do a warranty return/replace for my first unit, but the PoE adapter has been the same from the time I bought the original AP. 

I have looked in the logs and I couldn't see any red flags.  

Greg

Children
No Data