This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos VPN Client 2.1 - BlueScreen along installation while creation of VPN Adapter - ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

Dear Sophos Fans,

I am new to Sophos and using it since one of my customers is using Sophos VPN.

When I install the Sophos VPN 2.1 on my Win10Pro Laptop a bluescreen occurs

ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

Caused by driver+address: ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0

I have tried several things, searched in google and finally also here. I found similar posts, e.g. one in this forum saying that the it 'stumbles' when installing, but it does not say bluescreen.

It would be very nice, if someone could help me please.

I am happy to post further info in case needed.

Thank you very much in advance for any help and sorry in case I oversaw something that could solve my issue.

Best regards

Christian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, Christian, and welcome to the UTM Community!  Did you know that there is a free home-use license that you can use to install the full UTM package on a PC at home?

You're right, I don't recall any blue screen problems related to this.  Are you running the setup program "as administrator?"

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, Christian, and welcome to the UTM Community!  Did you know that there is a free home-use license that you can use to install the full UTM package on a PC at home?

You're right, I don't recall any blue screen problems related to this.  Are you running the setup program "as administrator?"

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • "Did you know that there is a free home-use license that you can use to install the full UTM package on a PC at home?"
    No, did not know this yet. I am happy to try this too.
    Can you please advise where to download to use this ? I intend to be on the safe side to chose the proper version.
    I guess it is any choice from
    https://www.sophos.com/de-de/support/utm-downloads.aspx ?

"Are you running the setup program "as administrator?""

Yes, running with or w/o admin does not make a difference.

Already performed memory test (incl. low level) to ensure that memory is fine...

• From that page, I would choose "asg-9.411-3.1.iso" as it seems stable and has more features than the other choices.  You will also want to go to https://myutm.sophos.com/ and sign up for a free home-use license.

It sounds like the installation file might have a bug.  Then again, Win10 just isn't "soup" yet as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA