This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Remote Access Issues: DNS not resolving & Android cannot connect

Hey All,

I've successfully setup HTML5 Remote Desktop VPN, SSL and LT2P/IPsec, I can connect to them all via desktop PCs using the Sophos client for SSL and built-in Windows VPN for L2TP/IPsec.

The issue is, I cannot get my Android phone to connect over SSL UDP 443 when on 4g connection (Nexus 6p, Android 7.0)

I was previously using SSL TCP which worked fine using the config downloaded from Sophos Portal over 4g, however I changed to SSL UDP 443 as TCP was not working on my workplace desktop PC (and I prefer to use UDP). The switch to UDP then broke vpn connectivity over 4g on my Android Phone (even after a reboot of sophos and downloaded the latest config from portal), but the connection works fine over work WiFi.

Does this mean that my mobile ISP is blocking UDP 443 but allowing TCP 443?

Here is the log:

I want to continue using SSL UDP, is there a port that has good compatibility for mobile ISPs and work networks/firewalls?

I also tried using the inbuilt VPN service for android to connect to the l2tp vpn but that does not work either (over both 4g or WiFi), would like to know if anyone else has it working.

Also, when remote accessing via SSL or L2TP from a PC, DNS is not resolving and I have to use IP addresses to browse my servers and other devices.
I have VPN Pool (L2TP) and VPN Pool (SSL) in 'DNS allowed networks' and under Remote Access -> Advanced I have 'DNS Server #1' set to 192.168.1.1 (sophos utm/gateway/router).

Am I missing something to get both DNS and remote access via android working?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.