This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Poor performance of applications

I've been experiencing an issue for sometime regarding applications performing poorly when connecting via Sophos UTM9. This seems to be an issue particularly from devices running on the iOS operating system but not exclusively.

Upon checking within the Sophos UTM console there are no obvious issues; I've tried multiple options such as disabling IPS, disabling web filtering and also disabling Advanced Threat Protection.

This isn't a particularly high powered machine this is running on however CPU utilization etc all stay within acceptable limits (sub 25%). One thing I have noticed is that there are packets being blocked from devices on the local network however I have a firewall rule set to allow all outbound traffic.

Today when deleting email's using Outlook after performing the delete the program would lockup whilst it replicates the changes back to the mailbox; when performing this same action through pfsense everything works fine.

Has anyone had any similar experiences with this?

thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Kieran,

Can you show us a picture of which packets are blocked in the UTM and where did you see that?

Over deleting the emails, the issue is unusual. I guess the emails are never deleted as something block the deletion process and when the device update/syncs the mailbox the emails reappears. Check #1 in the Rulz by Bob, post the captured logs while deleting emails. 

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Kieran,

Can you show us a picture of which packets are blocked in the UTM and where did you see that?

Over deleting the emails, the issue is unusual. I guess the emails are never deleted as something block the deletion process and when the device update/syncs the mailbox the emails reappears. Check #1 in the Rulz by Bob, post the captured logs while deleting emails. 

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children
No Data