This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

High CPU After 9.310-11 Update

Has anyone else noticed a much high CPU usage after this update? Most of the time, our UTM's will hover around 15-20% but every once in a while, they will spike up to 85%+ and stay that way for a period of time. We also noticed that it's happening across multiple UTMs at the exact same time. Different clients, different network but a number of them spike at the same time. Anyone else had this experience as well?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Agreed with William.  The 40+% in "wa" (wait) also indicates that the UTM is running out of resources.  I would try going to single-scan, tuning Intrusion Prevention and other ideas suggested by the link in Sascha Paris' signature block.  You might be able to take enough load off until you can get a new SG unit funded.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • [...]I would try going to single-scan, tuning Intrusion Prevention and other ideas suggested by the link in Sascha Paris' signature block.[...]

Cheers - Bob

Today I set the sophos to single-scan. First feeling is that it is now better, but I have to spectate how it performs now.

Meanwhile I discovered that since we got the short full-loads with the UTM, mails received within a full-load ended up in quarantine with the reason unscannable - AV scanner unreachable.

Maybe anyone else who have this problems could check if they got the same?

Edit: after switching to single-scan, the memory usage dropped about 5% to currently 75% according to the web interface (75% of 2gb total mem).
  • Running 9.409-9 and having similar problem.  Hope someone found a solution.

Thanks

• Have you tried the suggestions above, Patrick?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

I did try changing the AV back and forth from single to dual.  Some how changing it back from dual to single seems to do the trick and the entire day my Internet is no longer intermittent and been stable all day.

Thanks 

Reply Children
No Data