This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

can't access the webadmin anymore

My astaro still works well except i can't access the webadmin anymore.
Here what i have : " Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, admin and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Is there either :
- a way to resolve the problem ?
- another way to backup settings before reinstalling to the last release ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

You can copy a backup off from the command line:
    Restoring a Backup from Command Line

You can also try restarting the http service or rebooting.

Barry
  • My astaro still works well except i can't access the webadmin anymore.
    Is there either :
    - a way to resolve the problem ?
    - another way to backup settings before reinstalling to the last release ?

Hi Kynao,

which UTM version are you running?

Did you do any change to the UTM before that behavior occurred? 

Without having web admin access, there are still possibilities of recovering by plugging in a monitor to the machine, direct ssh access if activated or serial access if it is an hardware appliance from us.

It sounds like an HTTPd (apache) error. If you could get access to the logfile in /var/log/http.log this would greatly help to debug further.
  • The last 8.x release.
    No change or to be exact, the last changes have been the 3 last astaro updates but i always been able to access the web admin. My last experience were no network, no web answer from astaro and the harddrive were working hard all the time (maybe under an heavy attack) ; so after waiting much time, i had to stop the computer by hand, so i'm sure not sure but that could be the reason.

I tried to access astaro with ssh using putty, port 22 but answer is "Network error : connection timed out"
  • That message indicates that you're not connecting from an 'Allowed network', so your only connection option is a keyboard and monitor attached to the device running 8.311.

If you can't connect, then I hope you have a recent configuration backup available.  If you do have to reload from ISO, I would recommend 9.111 today.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thanks you. Yes, i have a not very old configuration backup available.
    So if i upgrade from 8 to 9, i must target the 9.111 release.
    I don't know if it's the correct release, but i'm downloading this one labeled 9.1

EDIT: ok, i got it from http://download.astaro.com/UTM/v9/software_appliance/iso/