This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

can't connect to webadmin

Hello,

After a few hour the astaro running, It isn't possible to access to the webadmin interface from the WAN zone. The webpage display : 
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later

After a reboot, it's work fine.. The firmware version is 8.203 and I installed the asg on the ESX with (2gb memory and one cpu, but it's used at 20%...)

Have you got any information about this issue ?

Thank in advance

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • That doesn't look like a message resulting from anything Astaro does.  You might need to re-install in a VM using Intel e1000 NICs instead of the one you have now.

CHeers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • thank for your reply.

I already the e1000 NIC. I installed with the software version, is that can be a problem ? I do that because I read on an article that the software is better as the VM appliance (I don't remember why..)

Best regards
  • That doesn't look like a message resulting from anything Astaro does.  You might need to re-install in a VM using Intel e1000 NICs instead of the one you have now.

Bob, this is an Apache error, and webadmin is served by apache...
    It happended to me too (in v7): https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/52/t/27552

in that case my webadmin was everyday slower, at the end it was completely down. I haven't seen this issue anymore. Jack Daniel helped my in finding the cause but... we didn't find anything strange in logs.

bye
    eclipse79
  •  I do that because I read on an article that the software is better as the VM appliance (I don't remember why..)

Could you please tell me where did you read this article? In these days I'm planning to move to software/virtual edition of ASG...
  • I will try to find this article again. 

I activated the root acces and I will try to debug the situation the next time this issue appear.
  • Hello,

I have this problem again.. in the httpd.log, I have .
    2011:12:23-14:47:59 asg httpd: MyIPPub - - [23/Dec/2011:14:46:55 +0100] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 503 323

confd-debug.log :
    2011:12:23-14:51:06 asg confd[7688]: D sys::AUTOLOAD:272() => id="3100" severity="debug" sys="System" sub="confd" name="external call" user="system" srcip="127.0.0.1" facility="system" client="ips-reporter.pl" lock="none" method="get_object"
     (a lot if time)

And when I have the error 503, always in confd-debug.log :
    2011:12:23-14:51:06 asg confd[7688]: D sys::_close_session:6041() => id="3100" severity="debug" sys="System" sub="confd" name="closing session" user="system" srcip="127.0.0.1" sid="AepvwKWQtiGiTGUanbyk" facility="system" client="ips-reporter.pl" call="logout" function="logout"

Any idea ?
  • Could you please tell me where did you read this article? In these days I'm planning to move to software/virtual edition of ASG...

They are the same version (the pre-built VM and a manual install into a VM) -- however, I like installing from scratch as I get to specify HD size, IP Addressing manually... with the pre-built appliance, you have to go through some machinations if your local IP range doesn't match the pre-built appliance's ones ... and you can't pick the HD size.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.