This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Log Disk

How do I eliminate getting my Log Disk to 85-93% everyday?
here's my Local Log Settings

Automatic log file deletion
deletes logs after 20 days

Threshold One
When usage reaches 50%
delete oldest logs file

Threshold Two
When usage reaches 85%
delete oldest logs file

Threshold Three
When usage reaches 95%
delete oldest logs file

Do I configured my Log settings correctly.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • There's some problem that's causing your logs to fill up, can you see which logfile and why?

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Yes... how on earth are you filling up your logs that fast?  What size HD are you using?  I'd go into the shell, go into the var/log/ directory and see what files are "eating" the disk.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Somebody could explain me why this ASG425 eats 50% of my Log Disk.
    See the screenshot.
    How do I prevent this huge logs for expanding its percentage.

Thanks
  • See if the following post can help: https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/52/t/26603

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I already did what they did but no success.
    Still my local logs getting full
  • Which things did you try?

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Balfson,

May I ask you a simple question in regards to astaro?
    I already answered those question which Im going to present to our Government client.Its a matter of proper evaluation to the product (astaro).
    I know its your expertise,so Im just asking your ideas how do present these questions with a confidence dealing with astaro for them.

These are the questions Im going to present this coming Monday.

TOPIC TO BE DISCUSS:

1. WHAT IS ASTARO FIREWALL?

2. WHY  DO WE NEED  ASTARO IN OUR NETWORK?

3. HOW DOES IT WORK?

Highly appreciated if you could impart your idea.

Thanks in advance!
  • Hi,
    ASG is not just a firewall. There are a number of elements, but if you are just putting a single box in as a firewall then

1/. UTM unified threat management - a number of internet access (or external to your site) management tools/applications in an easy to manage interface.
    2/. You need an ASG because you can manage/control your user's access to specific sites, provide url filtering, anti virus (2 different versions) for e-mail incoming and outgoing, web surfing, ftp. Tunnels betwen offices or roaming staff. Secure access to your internal servers. A number of helpers for different applications to ensure smooth transition through the firewall.

3/. the ASG UTM uses a mixture of public domain and private software to build the total package.

4/. An ASG has the capabilty of being clustered and providing high availability (HA).

That is a quick summary of what an ASG UTM device can offer. There is way more more in functionality than can be answered in a simple post. Take a copy of the handbook with you and make it part of your submission.

Ian M
  • Thanks for your reply my friend.Im gping to add these notes to my presentations.
    It helps a lot!
  • Hello Guys,

Im back in regards to Local Logs.
    Somebody could help me to eliminate my Local Logs fast growing as of now 65% are already utilized within a month?
    I compared same model of astaro to one of our clients which I deployed 4 months ago yet the logs is all about 2-3%.
    I cant figure out what the cause of this problem.

Im running on ver 7.403.

Please need your help