This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can i bypass a single Website from the webfilter

Hi to all,

iam running a SG210 - Firmware 9.702-1

The users connect to the internet with the Firewall Proxy (Webfilter).

We use for some Webpages a static route to another gateway. That works fine, but not for one Homepage.

For that Homepage i set a execption under: Web Protection->Filtering Options->Exceptions. I skiped all checks, but the homepage will not load.

if i connect to the homepage without the webfilter, then the homepage will load.

Can i set a execption to bypass the webproxy for a single site ?

Sorry for my bad english.

Greetings and thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • If web-filter exception matches, but not work (check webfilter-log - post screenshot from exception) ...

... you can access Webpage without proxy.

You need to create a firewall-rule to access these page ... and exclude page from proxy

- with transparent proxy use "SG-transparent-proxy-skiplist"

- with standard proxy create proxy-exceprions within browser

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• thanks for the help,

with the execption in the proxy settings of the browser the websites load.

Without the execption, there are no weblogs and the browser shows: no route to the host. I thought it was a standard error because the route works without proxy.

Is there a different way to re-route a webpage when i use the webproxy ?

Greetings

• Seems there is a proxy defined within browser... check these settings.

.. ist this your firewall?

Is your Firewall (the Web-Protection) configured correctly (for standard mode and your client-subnet)

Sorry, don't understand "different way to re-route a webpage when i use the webproxy"

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner

• Hi,

the Webpage will be routed over another Gateway. Not the Standard Internet Gateway. thats what i mean with re-route.

But it is not the only webpage that is re-directed to other gateway. All other work.

If the user have no proxy settings in the browser, then the webpage loads. If i exclude the Webpage frome the proxy as you said, then the webpage loads. the proxy sttings are the firewalls full qualified domain name and the port 8080

If the user have the firewall webproxy settings, then the browser shows: route to host not found.

The route works without proxy, but not with proxy.

Greetings

• With Standard proxy, every (not exluded) request is send from Browser to Proxy. (withou checking IP / Routes / ...)

The proxy has to resolve and to reach the WebPage.

We exclude "internal" traffic from Browser and Proxy by default.

Dirk

• Why don't you put the web page in your base policy under web sites onto the white list

• The case can be closed. The Exception in the Browser settings works and the withelist - website works too.

thanks for the help