This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Skype (Consumer) behind UTM 9

Hello forum community!

We are running a UTM 9, which among other things provides a proxy in standard mode with AD-SSO for all clients. Works wonderfully.

Now Skype should be possible on SINGLE PCs. Without further configuration on the UTM I can establish a "chat connection", but as soon as I add sound and/or picture,
the connection is terminated after a few seconds. Skype reports that the connection is too weak.

With Google's help I found a template for an exception in the UTM (Web-Protection - Filtering Options) and created it.
The exception contains a long list of IP addresses in RegEx format and excludes all checks (Antivirus, Content, HTTPS, etc.) for these IP's.
Additionally I had allowed everything Skype has in its name in the application control.

Unfortunately this does not change the behaviour of Skype on the client.

The only way I found so far is to open (only) port 443 to the outside in the firewall (Network Protection) for the clients that should use Skype.

Although these clients will continue to browse, I assume, through the proxy, because it is stored in the browser settings, so for now it's only Skype over port 443 directly over IP to the outside, but I'm not really comfortable with that.

How did you solve this for you?

Thanks a lot in advance!

TJ

[Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.