This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM Up2Date 9.703

As version 9.703 is released I would be very happy to hear of installations with zero problems, I hope. So if anyone has done it, tell us. Thank you.
I think we all are a bit of careful with new versions, as one should anyway be in production environments.

Best Regards

Alex

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Seems to me like russian roulette without further information from Sophos, you never know, when it hits you!

SOPHOS, do you copy?!?

Your information policy is BAD, if not public, you could at least inform your partners with some bits of details!!!

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• In all fairness, Philipp, I pushed hard very high up for this to be done abruptly.  If you check Release Notes & News, you'll see that information was shared at the same time as the Up2Date was withdrawn.

Normally, a decision to withdraw an Up2Date would only occur after Support was able to reproduce the problem.  My argument was that, in the midst of a COVID-19 pandemic, this procedure should be abandoned.  There were no critical bugs fixed by 9.703.  I insisted that there was no reason to risk not having work-from-home for hours while the UTM admin had to go into work to re-image and restore.  There was enough anecdotal evidence in our threads here that they were convinced to go outside what was best-practice before the pandemic.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA