This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Moving UTM to new hardware

I recently upgraded my UTM 9 hardware from an old Core 2 Duo to an i5, and the backup/restore process seemed to go off without a hitch until I went into testing.  Even though the NAT rules were in place and showing as active, the system was rejecting traffic that was supposed to be NAT'd.  After several troubleshooting steps like recreating the rules to force the system to reload them, turning off rules, and the proposed steps of rebooting the system 3 times, I ended up rebuilding and starting from scratch.

Naturally that isn't the way things should happen, but I am just curious if there are other ways to check for such problems and possibly fix them in place?  If I had a more complex environment, I probably would have put the old system back in place and just hoped it would stay running.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

It is advised that you configure the number of ports that were active in your previous setup before applying backup. That will help the backup/restore process to select Interfaces properly in case of number interfaces have changed from Old hardware to new Hardware.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Hi  

It is advised that you configure the number of ports that were active in your previous setup before applying backup. That will help the backup/restore process to select Interfaces properly in case of number interfaces have changed from Old hardware to new Hardware.

Regards

Jaydeep

Children
  • I was using the restore from backup option during initial setup, so I thought that would take care of it.  Is my suspicion correct to say that would have been the proper procedure if I was restoring to the same hardware?  For this, then, I should have gone through that setup and then restored once I was into the GUI?

• For the same hardware, you can directly restore the backup during the initial setup. For the change in hardware, you can do the same but it will be easier to manage the configuration if you have configured Interfaces first and then restored the backup. 

Regards

Jaydeep