This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL VPN no connection after Remote Desktop

Hi All

I have a strange behavior with a SSL VPN (remote access), I can establish the connection and I'm able to ping the hosts in the network.
But after I tray to connect to a host with Remote Desktop, means I login in to a host, I'm not longer able to ping a host. Also the remote desktop connection drop.

The VPN status is still green, but also the other end of the tunnel (10.242.2.1) i not pingable.

Any ideas what I could tray?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards

Simon

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • .Sophos SSL VPN Client works good for me

.Sometime no connection possible if customer has hybrid-Internet DSL+LTE with trafficboost.

.you need to define Firewall

• Hi Simon,

i've had an similar issue with the XG Firewall Version of the SSL VPN.

We heavily rely on RDP for our daily work and using it with UTP and SSL compression somehow killed the RDP connection for a lot of our users.

We switched back to TCP without SSL compression enabled and this fixed the issue for us.

- Please take a look at your firewall ruleset as mentioned above as you cannot ping your gateway itself.

Cheers, Dave

• I love the smell of IT in the morning.
  • Hallo Simo and welcome to the UTM Community!

I tend to agree with Dave that compression can cause problems - especially when using UDP.  I recommend using UDP 1443 for the SSL VPN and do not know of any problems with that except that some Europeans have reported UDP blocks in some hotels.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA