This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Redbox 15 configuration, installation issue

Hey All,

Have a weird issue that I thought I'd post on here and see if anyone has experienced.  I have a new Redbox 15 that I'm trying to configure and deploy but I just can't seem to get it to connect.  I know it's not a problem with the Redbox, but with my UTM.  Here's what's happening.

Redbox pulls an IP on DHCP and tries to connect out to the UTM, won't connect.  When I move it local and have it connect to the UTM internally on the same subnet rather than through the internet, it works fine.  So I know the Redbox works and I'm not doing anything wrong.  (by the way, we have 8 Redboxes in production that I've configured so I don't think i'm missing anything simple).  So, to rule out that it's not just a firewall issue or port blocked on the network, I tried connecting the Redbox directly to the internet, no firewall or anything, just direct connect....still nothing.

So, I tabled the problem for a few weeks until I had some time to look at it when I had another problem arise which tied in.  One of our locations with a Redbox had a service change and the static IP changed...so I had to go into the UTM, change the IP info on the RED and then swap the modems and reconnect, that Redbox wouldn't connect.  If I moved it back to the old modem/IP and changed the info back in RED Management, it would reconnect.

So, there seems to be an issue with my UTM and accepting any new connections on the RED Management...very strange isssue.  Any experience with an issue like this?

Thanks for any help you can give.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.