This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

OID sent and received bits per second

I am looking for the SNMP OID that can deliver the sent and received bits per second for the UTM9 appliance like in the screen shot below  

I have the OIDs for octets sent and received but its the TOTAL number of octets sent and received while I am looking for sent and received bits per second.

Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • These counters are from standard MIB.

If there is a counter for bits/sec you should find it here.

But as i know is the "total octets" the only one and you have to calculate (tolalnow-totalold) / time.since.last.call

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Thanks for the reply.  "If there is a counter for bits/sec you should find it here."  Where is here?  Also, forgive me for my ignorance but can you explain this part "calculate (tolalnow-totalold) / time.since.last.call" I am not quite sure how I would go about doing that or what it would look like.  I appreciate your help.

• Thanks for the reply.  "If there is a counter for bits/sec you should find it here."  Where is here?  Also, forgive me for my ignorance but can you explain this part "calculate (tolalnow-totalold) / time.since.last.call" I am not quite sure how I would go about doing that or what it would look like.  I appreciate your help.

Children
  • " Where is here?" - is the Standard MIB2 definition. But there is no such counter. The only bit/sec SNMP Variable is for interface speed.

ifInOctets is the total interface byte counter 

ΔifInOctets is the difference between two SNMP requests  (you have to calculate by yourself ... my tolalnow-totalold

Δtime the time between two SNMP requests 

so the result from ΔifInOctets/Δtime  is bytes per second

better explained here:

www.bob-team.de/.../

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• I was afraid of that.  Thanks for your time and effort.  Ill do more research based on what you told me.