This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM running as a VM, swapped out a NIC, now can't access webadmin

So, my VMware server shut down.  It wouldn't turn back on, but long story short, the multi-interface NIC I was using stopped working, forcing me to swap it out for another.

I had to reconfigure the VMs to utilize the new NIC.  The other two VMs have no issue, but my UTM VM does.  

I cant access webadmin.   The local address I used to manage the UTM through webadmin ended in .223, but now the console says to connect on the .202 address, which I have no clue how it got.  (VMware shows the UTM to have both the .223 and .202 addresses.) However, I can't connect to the .202 address using h***s://x.x.x.202:4444, i can't ping the address, nor can I access it using SSH (nor can I to the .223 address).

I'm at a complete loss as to what to do.

Is there any way to break the boot up sequence to fix the configuration?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

i got a simliar problem with my UTM 9.605-1, the appliance runs on an ESXI 6.7 Update 2 and has 3 NICs (vmxnet3) configured. When i add another interface (same configuration but other vlan) i get no access on the WebAdmin (after shutting down and rebooting), i cannot ping any of the ip addresses - only the local console works and ifconfig shows me 3 up and running interfaces with correct ips.

How can i add another interface to my UTM? In the past i added new intarfaces just i tried now and back then it worked perfect... 

Kind regards

• adding more interfaces in esx 6.7 seems to dice the interface order once after rebooting the Linux VM.

In several Linux VMs I had to tcpdump to find what VLAN is connected to what interface and then change the assigned VLANs in ESX or set the corerect IP/networks to my interfaces

• adding more interfaces in esx 6.7 seems to dice the interface order once after rebooting the Linux VM.

In several Linux VMs I had to tcpdump to find what VLAN is connected to what interface and then change the assigned VLANs in ESX or set the corerect IP/networks to my interfaces

Children
  • Finally i got the interfaces back online the way they are supposed to: While adding a new NIC to the virtual machine the host indeed messes up with the vlan-assignment. I had to disable all interfaces and by tinkering around with the vlan\network-settings in vsphere i got them back - in a differet order.

Thanks for your help!