This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Factory Default HA behaviour changed (SG550 Rev2)?

Hi all,

we just found out, that there is a new feature behaviour with SG550 Rev.2 Appliances. We replaced Rev1 Hardware with Rev2. In prior we made usual steps like basic checks and software adjustments. After that we issued Factory resets using the LCD Panel on the front of the box. Settings were reverted, we had to re-do inital steps (as usual after Factory Reset). But, Automatic HA was not active for eth3, as it usually the case.

Is this a planned change? (That wouldn´t make sense to me). If yes, it´s new to me...

BR,

Sebastian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Sebastian,

Yes, automatic HA is not enabled by default in all appliances with only module slots ( > 4xx). You have to enable it manually with webadmin.

• Hi Christian and thanks for your answer.

Has this ever been like that, even in Rev1 Appliances and UTM HW aswell? I really never came across this circumstance... Is this documented somewhere?

• I can't ever remember HA being enabled by default, Sebastian.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

devices up to 3xx (with fixed eth3 Port) comes with active HA and configured as "auto".

So the new/replacement Slave join the cluster with first startup if eth3 is connected.

(Master has to be configured with active/passive or active/active and "enable auto configuration for new devices" before)

You have to disable HA at small new devices if you need eth3 for your connectivity.

Greetings, Dirk

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• It seems that we agree, Dirk, so now I'm confused about what problem Sebastian was having.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

I just didn´t know, that devices upper SG3xx do not have HA enabled by default. I never realized this, so I´m just wondering, how that worked for me in the past.

• Ahhhh, I think I understand now, Sebastian - the first node was configured for Active-Passive HA, but when the second node was brought online, it didn't automatically connect to the Master because, as Christian said, automatic joining isn't default on those units as it is on most everything else.  Thanks guys - I learned something new today!

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Ahhhh, I think I understand now, Sebastian - the first node was configured for Active-Passive HA, but when the second node was brought online, it didn't automatically connect to the Master because, as Christian said, automatic joining isn't default on those units as it is on most everything else.  Thanks guys - I learned something new today!

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data