This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Move Sophos RED 10 Box

I have 7 RED boxes already at remote locations. These 7 RED boxes were connecting to a SG230 device that was located in our office in Lansdale PA. The PA office was recently closed down and everything is now routing through an office in Denver, CO. The 7 RED boxes were working correctly when the SG 230 was on at the PA office. The PA office equipment has been shut off and is in a truck on the way to Denver. I have added the 7 RED boxes to the SG 230 configured at our Denver Office. I added them by creating a new red device on the Client Mangement tab in the RED Management section of the UTM. I put in the name, RED ID, and unlock code that I documented from the SG 230 in PA before it was turned off. It added to the interface and I received a new unlock code from the provisioning server.

I followed the instructions at this URL:

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/116573#Basic%20setup%20instructions

I configured the Network Interface, DHCP server, and allowed the RED Network that I created on the DNS.

However none of the 7 RED boxes will now connect to the Denver Office. They all say offline and I am not sure what configuration I missed.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Welcome to the Sophos Community!

The best option was to remove the RED devices from previous SG230 first and then try to add it in the new SG 230. Since you've already configured the RED devices with new unlock codes in place, Would you please check the LED status on any of the RED devices and compare it with the link you've posted? If you're not able to match it against the LED status in article, please message me one or two RED serial numbers, I will check the status and see it would require to open a case with Sophos Support.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Hi  

Welcome to the Sophos Community!

The best option was to remove the RED devices from previous SG230 first and then try to add it in the new SG 230. Since you've already configured the RED devices with new unlock codes in place, Would you please check the LED status on any of the RED devices and compare it with the link you've posted? If you're not able to match it against the LED status in article, please message me one or two RED serial numbers, I will check the status and see it would require to open a case with Sophos Support.

Regards

Jaydeep

Children
No Data