This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Support Disappointment

Hi Everyone,

I am posting this to know if there other suffer from same issue or it's just me and how i can escalate or do complain.

I have opened ticket with Sophos support for issue with client installation and i always get response next day.

last mail i got response after 3 days after I sent many reminders.

Who i should contact to do complain or escalation for such matter.

And till now issue not fixed yet.

Thanks. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I`ve got an open support ticket since over 4 weeks...status:waiting for vendor support...

I can`t call that support...

Of course I do send weekly reminders...really bad at the moment.

regards

• Sophos Support lives in the Toilet. If they don't drown, they might be able to help you. But you will be waiting for some time. Get used to it.

I have been trying to get my Sophos Cloud Account EXPUNGED Completely as I dropped these fools a few months ago.....and NO ONE at Sophos knows how or what to do?

I still have over a years worth of Licensing, but breaking away from Sophos has been the best decision ever.

Sophos unfortunately is in a very bad state. Lacklustre product and Support that is non existent all from India where if you manage to decipher their English, maybe they can help.

The next company that offers me support where English is not their FIRST language, being as we are in North America will be dropped like a Hot Potato. Never mind the time differences.

How the heck is anyone supposed to deal with this...stay up till 3AM? Ha

• Hala Khaled and welcome to the UTM Community!

I never want to talk with people in Support as I find it more efficient to open tickets in MyUTM.  After that, if they call me, I thank them and tell them I'm busy, so please send an email.  If an issue goes over one day without being worked on after I've responded, I request escalation.  That should move your case to the front of the Support engineer's mind.

Why don't you open a thread in the appropriate forum with your issue?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Howie and welcome to the UTM Community!

Sorry to hear about your frustrations!

I note that your earlier participation was related to Sophos Central and Endpoint.  That's only a few years old, and I don't find that the documentation is yet up to snuff.  The UTM is almost 20 years old, so there's great documentation and UTM Support is much better.  I wouldn't recommend starting with Central without having an experienced consultant to make sure you're on the right track.  Once it's configured, it's easy to maintain and administer. 

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I fully agree with bob.

Use the power of the community and ask your question / post your questions here. (Feel free to consult Support at the same time).

Like always phone support is quite hard to cover by one person for such a "huge" portfolio like sophos has. 

Within Central, there are ~10 different products. 

2(3) different UTM/NGFW Products. 

X different classic products + on premise Products. I would highly recommend the way, how bob work. Open up a Case via Mail with all Information. Maybe use the GES MER in my Signature and post all needed information within a Case. So a support employee with appropriate experience can pick up this case. 

Also feel free to consult the community (Use Search or post your own issue). Couple of helpful users are always trying to help each other to get a quick response. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I have another trick, Always open your tickets via MyUTM or Website Support Sophos if it is a central Product. If you are asked for the priority of this ticket, Always set it to the highest possible. I never had any Problem with that. Normaly Sophos contacts me in 2-6 Hours. If you set priority to low which some People do as far as i know, you might have to wait days or weeks.

Regards

Jason

• Hi Khaled,

I am same boat you are sailing in, they never give proper support or replies and never share knowledge based articles until its escalated and for escalation you need to know where to go as they will never escalate the issue to GSE and GSE will never come to know what customer is facing there escalation time is 24 hours for response and from last 2 days there is no response. Highly Disappointed.

• Hi Khaled, 

I understand your frustration but would encourage you to listen to Bob and Toni on this, the forum is a great place to get the knowledge you need to not use support for many issues.  As for getting a response, I typically email my sales rep, they have the ear of the higher ups in many cases and can get the case in front of the right set of eyes.  Sophos Central can be difficult at first but once it is set up it is pretty efficient.  Let us know what the issue is and maybe we can help.

Best,

Badrobot

Respectfully, 

Badrobot