SG135 C2000 BUG

Hello, I recently bought a used SG135 rev.1 which has AVR54 bug (I found out about this bug after I buy it).

For others vendors I found a possible fix, but not for Sophos.

There are two (as far as I know) fixes:

1. Replace a atom c2xxx with C0 revision

2. external pull-up resistor (18.2k to 10k), from LPC_CLKOUT0 or LPC_CLKOUT1, tied to 3.3V

Did someone tried to fix this bug? (I use home license, so I don't have any agreement with Sophos).

Best regards,

Robert

• In reply to Paul Sawatzki:

Any one mind sharing what size resistor they used? I'm going to order a 150ohm, but dont know what size would work best. 0805?

• In reply to Jeff Bowman:

Hi,

0805 works good,  1206 is WAY to big....  but keep in mind that you have to be extremely careful to solder it in, since it dos not fit very well and the solder paste does not hold the resistor very well in place. 

I think my reboot problem caused by left flux and maybe single solder paste partikles, which could not be seen with bare eye.... after again cleaning all leftovers thouroughly my box reboots again just, fine, I think....

Cheers,

Harald

P.S.: Don't even think about using a trough-hole resistor.... the PCB of the device is so bad quality , you will imediatly lift the soldering pads up and destroy the board, even if you a careful. seldomly seen such a bad PCB....