This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG135 C2000 BUG

Hello, I recently bought a used SG135 rev.1 which has AVR54 bug (I found out about this bug after I buy it).

For others vendors I found a possible fix, but not for Sophos.

There are two (as far as I know) fixes:

1. Replace a atom c2xxx with C0 revision

2. external pull-up resistor (18.2k to 10k), from LPC_CLKOUT0 or LPC_CLKOUT1, tied to 3.3V

Did someone tried to fix this bug? (I use home license, so I don't have any agreement with Sophos).

Best regards,

Robert

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Wrote the company which most probably produced/distributed the board DNB1150-PEX Ver: B, asking nice for the schematics or any helpfull info to bypass the intel c2xxx bug. Also mentioned some hints regarding the easy fix for the synology boards. Owning such a synology 2415 by myself and got it back to life soldering just the capacitor. Also helped a friend of mine to fix his syno aswell, which is also back to life. The issue i have with my UTM 125 is most probably the same issue since it behaves like the syno did. So i guess my 125 does only have the c2xxx bug and not any other issue.

If someone of you needs any more pictures ... i can take them easily from a Board DNB 1150-PEX Ver: B except from the CPU or the DIE since i want to keep the heatsinks where they are
    Not with a good camera, just with mobile (OnePlus 6t)

BTW: nexcom is selling a similar Product http://www.nexcomusa.com/Products/network-and-communication-solutions/cyber-security-solutions/desktop-x86-based-appliance/desktop-x86-based-appliance-dna-1150/Specifications

Regards, Micha

• Hi Michael,

Thanks for sharing this information with us.

Did you manage to install the capacitor on your 125?

The problem that we have at the moment is the lack of schematics to be able to identify where to install the jump to fix the c2000 bug.

Cheers,

Marcelo Clare

• Hey Marcelo,

i did not play around with the 125 yet. Even when it came to repair the Syno's, i did dig around to not break them. Im not experienced with electronics, measuring and soldering stuff at all. So the only thing i can offer to you guys are informations i probably get. Lets see, if i get something back from them. At least i was asking them kindly for the schematics, but i doubt the will provide.

Regards,

Michael

• Hey Marcelo,

i did not play around with the 125 yet. Even when it came to repair the Syno's, i did dig around to not break them. Im not experienced with electronics, measuring and soldering stuff at all. So the only thing i can offer to you guys are informations i probably get. Lets see, if i get something back from them. At least i was asking them kindly for the schematics, but i doubt the will provide.

Regards,

Michael

Children