This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HTTP forwarding to HTTPs even when disabled

Recently, mu Sophos UTM SG230 appliance started redirecting ALL HTTP trafffic. "All" meaning sites that are published using Plaintext (HTTP) and not  Encrypted (HTTPS) & redirect. For sites without this option the result is that they are all redirected to my catchall site because the proxy isn't listening for HTTPS traffic on that URL.

I have opened a ticket on SophServ and it turns out to be impossible to make the support people understanding that this is a bug. So I reach out to the forum to see if there are more among you that suffer from this problem. This probably happened after the most recent update.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Check or post the WebApplicationFilter-log while accessing the HTTP-Site.

Are you able to post a link to one of the sites?

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Hi,

which exact version do you use?

Could you please share the content of the reverseproxy.conf (under /var/storage/chroot-reverseproxy/usr/apache/conf). Please remove any private data.

Best,

Sabine