This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

9.6 Release Still Not Showing

On our UTM, we still don't have 9.6 showing as an update.  Should I download manually, or wait for it to be pushed across?  Seems an unusually long time for the release not to show in the UTM dashboard.  Anyone else experiencing this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi

Yes, I was wondering about that, too. Being a home user, I thought that Sophos might have pushed it out to us lot, first (just so we can test it in a far less critical environment) but up2date has not yet prompted me of its existence. I've been tempted to install it manually, but I am planning to just wait and see when it does get pushed out to us.

As it's been such a long time since it was announced, I was actually beginning to wonder if I might have an issue with up2date not seeing the server, but I noted a recent post (past few days) from someone else asking how to update it manually, so my guess is that with it being a major version upgrade, it's been given a far longer release timeline than we're used to seeing (with respect to the typical timeline for delivering the minor patches) which is probably a prudent plan.

All the best

Briain

• The release notes provide rhe links for manual download.   Help yourself.

The delay between limited release and full availability suggests that they have encountered some problems, and they want to fix them before general deployment.  After multiple disasters, Sophos has become more cautious about product releases, which is good.

• Same issue. 9.600-5 still does not show up, yet.

• Hi

Sophos dispatched an e-mail on 11th of February stating the following:

Today we've released UTM 9.601. The release will be rolled out in phases.

In phase 1 you can download the update package from our FTP server, in phase 2 we will spread it via our Up2Date servers.

So, I assume it will appear as an up2date option at some stage in the not too distant future (and my plan is to wait until it does). :-)

Bri

NB I received a similar e-mail about 9.600 back on 22nd November, but obviously, that release never progressed to phase 2.

• Still awaiting 9.600 myself, spoke to support who said "But not getting the automatic update of 9.6 is not a issue for now , as I see many customers that do not get the automatic update and I confirm that with my Senior and they confirm me that we are still pushing the update." so lets see...

Thanks, Duncan

• Thanks for sharing. I am also going to wait for phase 2. :-)