This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

do the UTM 9.5 will lost the ethernet connection if the license goes out of time?

Hi all

15 days ago I came back from vacation and I noticed a problem that we never had before with other sophos UTM systems, when the test time expired before indicating any license, the network connection of the internal ethernet card was lost, I can only access it from the web interface connecting a laptop directly to the ethernet port of the server, and the only thing that gives me access is the section to indicate the license to be used

the computer in which I have this problem is a new server that I am configuring from the beginning of the system, I am doing this to move all the services and configurations from the current server (with different old hardware and current license) to the new computer, We tried to make the license change until the configuration was completed and the equipment was put into operation

Do not finish the configuration before a month since I went on vacation and this does not worry me since it is not the first time we work in this way, it is the 3rd term in which the hardware is renewed with this way of working and never before
We had this problem for exceeding the time to indicate the license

the questions I have are;
Is this normal in this version of the system?
Is this due to a software update?
or do I have a hardware problem?

thanks in advance

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hola Luis,

This is normal - in fact, I can't remember when it was different.  Your reseller should be able to help you with this at no charge.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • ok, but still , i'd never been in this situation before, and its not the first time we do this, that's why it's really weird for me, maybe i'm missing something i did before and not doing this time but anyway its ok, not a problem

So in this case, i need your opinion

can i solve this with the " Active/Passive HA (Hot Standby) " , setting the current server like the active and the new one like pasive in the mean while i finish to set it up ?

if i can, i am goin to use the current licensin, i am not need an another one ! am i correct ?

in some point will use the old hardware for this goal anyway !!

thanks for answer !!

• No, you should definitely not do active/passive!

You will have a private message here in a minute.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • No, you should definitely not do active/passive!

You will have a private message here in a minute.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • Ok, but please explain to me why not ?

what is the point for ask for another licensing if at the end i will set up the current hardware for have a Failover solution, I didn't think in that before , wasn’t the goal for nearby , but when I started to search a solution for the last trouble I found that info about HA solution and it’s something really useful for us

Sound great , it’s something we are been searching for a while, and we never get it before because the cost of 2 licensing, if we can use only one licensing and solve the fail over issue, why not ?

i think this is a different discussion than the lost connection issue, can we keep it in this post or should i open another !!!

thanks.

• Yes, please open a new thread in the Hardware-Installation-Up2date-Licensing forum.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA