This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 9** VS Copernicus

Hi.

I'm about renewing my license soon.
Normal, I do it for three year - Which is a lot of money, and I have some decisions to make.

My questions:

1. Does Copernicus going to be the next FW release and totally replace the current FW as we know it.
  2. If yes - when.
  3. . Sophose making a big buzz around the "Heart beat".
    Can I use Copernicus as FW only (I don't want to install anything extra on my work stations).
  4. Normally, I buy Full guard license.
    Will it cover everything in Copernicus?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • they stated that they will still work on UTM 9. We just renewed our licence for another 3 years earlier this year.

---

Sophos UTM 9.3 Certified Engineer

• The real question is -> how much effort will be involved in developing new functionalities?
    It could easily happen that upgrade from UTM9 to XG feature would be the only functional improvement (plus ongoing bugfixes) in version 9.4, announced to Q1 2016.

Last official published roadmap:

• In some cases, even upgrading to to new major version is a big head ache (all the new bags an so)
    Moving from 9.** to Coperncuse seems to me like moving to totally another Firewall.
    Copernicus - like Vista in the beginning, expect to be very buggy.
    It takes time to clean all the bugs and make a stable system.
    QA and all beta tests, will never simulate real world and full scale running.
    Wonder how many corporates and companies would go for it.