This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Executive Report Time Period

Is there a way to adjust the time period for the Daily Executive report?

Current the report is sent out but the time period on the report is 20:00 to 20:00. We are looking to provide a daily report and would like the time period to be 00:00 to 00:00.

Is it possible to change the report time period?

Firmware version: 9.509-3

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Tim and welcome to the UTM Community!

If you look at /etc/crontab, you will see that the logs roll over at 00:00 and that there are many other things that happen then in addition to other times.

When I look at /etc/crontab.execreport on any of my clients' UTMs (in all US time zones), the Daily Executive Report is done at 01:05.  I assume that the developers felt like that would eliminate the possibility of a conflict with other activities.

If you want to change the time, you will want to change it in both those files in that crontab is often rewritten using the contents of crontab.execreport.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • My UTM located in Central European time is generating the Daily Executive Report at 01:05 too. So I can‘t believe there is a dependency from your time zone.

Best regards

Alex

-