This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9.5 SSL VPN, SSL certificate can't be selected

Hello Support-Community,

my company had to order a new ssl certificate, now my job is to implement it into our firewall for the usage of the ssl vpn

I imported it into the certificate storage, at first it was shown blue, but now it's green (I think it means verified?).

I can select the certificate for the Firewall-UI and userportal, but not for the ssl vpn in the advanced tab, it just doesn't show up.

Ive installed a pkcs#12 file in the certificate and CA-tab both are green.

Would be nice if anyone of you could help me.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Marcel

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Marcel,

Go to:

Webserver Protection / Certificate Management click "New Certificate" then choose Method Upload to upload your PKCS.

Next you should be able to go to Remote Access/SSL/Advanced - here you can choose the "Server Certificate"

Is that what you are doing and the Certificate is not diplayed in the drop down menu?

Regards

Jason

Regards

Jason

Sophos Certified Architect - UTM

• Hi Jason,

I did the same not in Webserver Protection -> Certificate Management, but in VPN -> Certificate Management. In the Webserver Protection -> Certificate Management, my certificate is displayed also (I think its the same just another way to reach it), but its still not displayed in the drop down menu.

Regards

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

This is strange i testet it for myself just now and it is working.

I´ve had some similar problems in mail encryption and the cause was the Firmware so lets just quickly compare our Firmware Version

mine is 9.510-5 are you maybe on an older Version?

What happens if you manualy create a certificate just something random just to check if its a display error or something else.

Regards

Jason

Regards

Jason

• Hi Jason,

we both got the same version.

I created i test cert. with vpn id methode hostname called vpn.company.de and it shows up in vpn->ssl->advanced.

Regards

Marcel Cepok

• Hi Marcel,

The only Problem i know of similar to this was a user having the issue with an XG Firewall.

The Solution to the Problem was that he could not see certificates which havent been created with a CSR.

You might be able to create a CSR with this instruction: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/115976

Once the CSR is done you can copy the CSR Request to your CA. I can not assure you that this will work but as i said

the other user who had this problem did it and then was able to see the certificate.

Regards

Jason

Regards

Jason

• Hi Marcel,

do you use a wildcard certificate?

This certificates are not supported on the remote access tab.

Best Regards
    DKKDG

• Hi DKKDG,

I am trying to use a multi-domain-certificate, does that work, or is that not supported as well?

Best Regards

Marcel

• Hey Marcel,

Wildcard certificates can be used with the following in UTM 9:

• Webserver Protection
    • TLS Encryption
    • Webadmin
    • Userportal

You can use SAN Certificates tho i just checked that.

Regards

Jason

Regards

Jason

Reply Children