This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DHCP Problem

Hello support,

We meet a problem at the level of our DHCP, which harms considerably in the smooth running of our network.

I explain you our topology. We have two distant sites, each with his own UTM SOPHOS SG, IPSec VPN Tunnel Relieves Both Sites, we notice that several machines on every site gets back an IP address of the distant site, that is:

The site A (His LAN is: 192.168.7.0/24) and the site B (His LAN is: 192.168.8.0/24)

Some ring roads(peripherals) of the site A get back an address of the site B (example: 192.168.8.77) and in the same way ring roads(peripherals) of the site B get back an address of the site A (example: 192.168.7.114). Every site has his own waiter(server) DHCP.

How I can solve this problem of assignment(summons) of dynamic IP address.

Thank you in advance for your help

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Salut Mohamed and welcome to the UTM Community!

In fact, I don't understand how this could happen.  Are you certain that these devices don't have statically-assigned IPs?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Bob

Thank you for your help,

Actually, I too don't understand this phenomenon, I confirm to you that devices don't have a static IP address. Each get back dynamically (DHCP) his addresse IP. 
    Every site has its UTM, and the latter is a DHCP server. They are connected by a tunnel VPN IPsec.
    And despite that, some devices get an IP addresse from the remote site.
    Really weird

Thank you in advance

• Hello Bob

Thank you for your help,

Actually, I too don't understand this phenomenon, I confirm to you that devices don't have a static IP address. Each get back dynamically (DHCP) his addresse IP. 
    Every site has its UTM, and the latter is a DHCP server. They are connected by a tunnel VPN IPsec.
    And despite that, some devices get an IP addresse from the remote site.
    Really weird

Thank you in advance

Children
  • I don't think there's anything you can do other than get Sophos Support involved, Mohamed.  You need a second set of eyes on these UTMs.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA