This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IPsec / NAT / Routing Problem

Hi Guys,

today i wanted to initiate a simple IPsec Tunnel to one of our customer. The main aim is to provide the IPsec Tunnel to a complete Network in our environment. 

This is how the construct should look like: 

Local Network (Class C internal) --> Local Interface (WAN Interface) --> Remote Gateway (Customers Tunnel Gateway) --> Customer Network

The problem is, our customers IPsec Gateway only allows one specific IP (Proxy IP) to initiate the connection - let's say for example: 172.10.0.62/29, which is located in Class B Network. A Host IP Adress with a Network which is not provided in our Environment.  

If I deploy a Host Definition with the IP 172.10.0.62, I can initiate the Tunnel in the following way. 

Local Networks (Proxy IP Host Definition - 172.10.0.62) --> Local interface (WAN Interface) --> Remote Gateway (Customers Tunnel Gateway) --> Customer Network

So this is how the Status is if I put the Proxy IP Host Definition (the allowed IP Adress on Gateways site) and the internal Network into the local Networks: 

Does anyone know how i can provide the Tunnel to the internal Network. I've tried it with some SNAT Rules in combination with static routing / policy routing but nothing works.  

If you need more Information or Screenshots let me know. 

Thanks in advance! 

Cheers Alex

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Alex and welcome to the UTM Community!

First, delete the IPsec Connection with "Internal (Network)."  Now, make the following NAT rule:

SNAT : Internal (Network) -> Any -> Customers Network : from 172.10.0.62

Did that do what you wanted?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • BAlfson said:

First, delete the IPsec Connection with "Internal (Network)."  Now, make the following NAT rule:

Hi Bob! 

Thank you very much - it works! 

Tried it before with "going to: Customers Gateway" and not with the destination Network. 

Thanks again!

Cheers Alex

• BAlfson said:

Hi Bob! 

Thank you very much - it works! 

Tried it before with "going to: Customers Gateway" and not with the destination Network. 

Thanks again!

Cheers Alex

Children
No Data