This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web Proxy Log - Which interface ?

Hi All,

We are using Sophos UTM as a web proxy, we have multiple internet interfaces.

I'm using a "Multipath" rule to send certain domains out of a certain interface.

But where and in what log will it show me what traffic is going out of what interface ? Although the multipath rule is working (i Think) I need to confirm a few things (I suspect that HTTP traffic is working fine as domains as specified as example.com load fine via HTTP, inc subdomains but not on HTTPS)

Thanks, 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks for the reply.  They dont really relate to the issue im having.  Both internet links work fine, its more of a point how and where can I prove 100% that the rule is working.  I think some stuff on this rule isnt working as it should but I need to know where it will tell me in the logs what interface the traffic is going out of.

For example, I could visit a website and search the logs via SSH but I see the traffic but no where can i see any flag that tells me what interface this is going out of.  

Thanks, Duncan

• Hi Duncan,

you can watch the full firewall log via ssh. -> tail f /var/log/packetfilter.log
    There you will find your answer.

e.g.
    2018:06:13-08:56:20 firewallv8-2 ulogd[9311]: id="2001" severity="info" sys="SecureNet" sub="packetfilter" name="Packet dropped" action="drop" fwrule="60002" initf="eth2.124" outitf="ppp0"

Here you can see the in interface(initf) and out interface(outitf)

best regards

DKNL