This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Build new test configuration for later productive use

Hi,

I am wondering what ould be the best way to build a complete new configuration for an UTM9 that you could use in the productive environment when done.

We have two SG430 running as productive systems.

I could use a UTM425 as a test machine.

Would it be a good way to just run the testmachine and configrue it with the new configuration and when i am happy i transfer the configuration to the prductive machines ?

Greetings

Bernd

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Bernd,

That sounds like a good plan.

You might want to search here for the steps to take to get a 10-IP software license to run on your UTM 425.  There are ways to do that that retain the LCD.  Try a Google on:

site:community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f appliance home

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I think to build a matching configuration i need more than 10 IPs so at the moment after a reinstall i get a eval license for one month with unlimited capabilities. If i need more time is it possible to backup the configuration and make a fresh reinstall and import the backup to go on working on the test config ? I think thats not possible so I guess I will have to talk to sophos about my plan to get a extended test license.

• Hi Bernd,

if you don't get the configuration on time, you have to put a new eval license to your maschine. Reinstall does not work here.

Try to contact your Sophos partner for this.

Otherwise you can use a home license if 50 IPs are enough on your UTM 425, so you have a year time.

Best regards
    DKNL

• Hi DKNL,

i allready talked with Sophos with the same result ... need to install a test license.

greetings

Bernd

Reply Children
No Data