This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help with swapping SG330 device

We had an issue with our SG330 and it had to be replaced. Sophos sent us the replacement but I'm tasked with uploading the most recent backup from our live SG330 over to the new one we received. Is it possible to upload the configuration without bringing the new firewall on the network? I'm just wondering how I can get into the web console without having to plug anything into the WAN port as to not interfere with the existing network but have it set up so once I do the firewall swap I just need to swap over the Ethernet cables. Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Chad, here's the prescription I give to my clients:

1. If needed, do a quick, temporary install so that the new device can download Up2Dates.
    2. Apply the desired Up2Dates (if possible, stop at 9.509 today) and do a factory reset.
    3. On the current UTM in use, on the 'Hardware' tab of 'Interfaces', assign the MAC as the Virtual MAC for the NICs in use.
    4. Create a backup and load it onto a USB memory stick.
    5. Reboot the new device with the USB memory stick in place and remove the memory stick after the boot is complete.
    6. Connect a PC to the new device, upload the license for the new device and then disconnect the PC, leaving the new device powered up.
    7. Power down the old device and move the cables to the new device.  Done.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • The hardest question in this forum

Connet only one PC to the new SG if you are on site.

Or prepare backup from USB drive, a procedure that can be done by phone from others who will mount the new SG