This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Android based mobile phones and Sophos UTM

Hi all,

after a long and happy time using Windows Phone I decided to go back to Android because there are no more updates for Windows Phone. Windows Phone worked fine with Sophos UTM and SSL inspection.

Know I'm thinking about using the Android phone with the web proxy of the Sophos UTM including SSL inspection. But I know from the past with older Android versions there were exceptions for the proxy rules and the installation of the proxy certificate didn't help to get access to TLS saved web sites. Actually the Android phone is completely excepted from using the Proxy butthis isn't a real good solution.

Can somone help me with getting the Sophos UTM proxy with SSL inspection work for Android based mobile phones? Actually I've running Sophos UTM 9.509-3 and Android Oreo (8.0) with the newest patches (Android One).

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi "TheExpert",
    hi all!

I have the same issue with Sophos UTM 9.509-3 and Android Oreo (8.0).
    I generated a 'ca-flag:true'-certificate with openssl, but it doesn't work. CAdoid says always that the ca-flag is false. Does anyone have any hints how to get Android running with the UTM proxy certificate and SSL inspection (Web Protection)?
    It would be really nice.

Best regards
    Manfred

• Hi "TheExpert",
    hi all!

I have the same issue with Sophos UTM 9.509-3 and Android Oreo (8.0).
    I generated a 'ca-flag:true'-certificate with openssl, but it doesn't work. CAdoid says always that the ca-flag is false. Does anyone have any hints how to get Android running with the UTM proxy certificate and SSL inspection (Web Protection)?
    It would be really nice.

Best regards
    Manfred

Children
No Data