This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Playstation 4 connection problems

I have setup the UTM with 2 LANs, a physical and a Vlan (for Wifi only).

Every wifi device (Laptop, Smartphone,..) on the VLAN is able to connect to the internet. Only the Playstation 4 is not able to connect?!

The PS4 has a static IP and same settings as every device in the VLAN (tested also DHCP but PS4 not getting connected too).

For testing purposes I set a ANY-ANY rule and Web-Protection is disabled.

Could this bea DNS problem? Every Interface (LAN & VLAN) has a DHCP.

The DNS is allowed as global network in the DNS tab
DNS forwarder are assigned by ISP
No further DNS config.

I wan't to believe this will work soon.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Today I was facing enormous network problems.

After checking the Sophos, Modem and the Switch I figured out that the HP-Procurve Switch died!!

Taking a 2nd HP-Procurve switch and restoring the config from the 1st switch to it... all network problems were gone - Especially the PS4 problems!?!

PS4 is running smoothly with all needed connections (using ANY-ANY rule). Now I'll start configuring the Sophos for PS4.

Thanks to everyone reading this, at the end it was the switch and thanks to Lifetime Warranty I will get a new one from HP by tomorrow !!

Captain out.

• Today I was facing enormous network problems.

After checking the Sophos, Modem and the Switch I figured out that the HP-Procurve Switch died!!

Taking a 2nd HP-Procurve switch and restoring the config from the 1st switch to it... all network problems were gone - Especially the PS4 problems!?!

PS4 is running smoothly with all needed connections (using ANY-ANY rule). Now I'll start configuring the Sophos for PS4.

Thanks to everyone reading this, at the end it was the switch and thanks to Lifetime Warranty I will get a new one from HP by tomorrow !!

Captain out.

Children
No Data