This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

blocking snapchat/instagram p0rn

Hi

So the main use of UTM is this - i need to ensure images of an erotic nature iare blocked in android and apple apps

is this possible

?

The kids dont use web browsers, just app sand seem to be able to get around all my filtering attempts.  I have dns filtering and moving to virgin media who have parental controls - i have qustudio installed too - none of which block image searches unless they lock safe search (no good for youtube)

Can utm help without banning the apps compeltely?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Peter and welcome to the UTM Community!

The only way to block p0rn selectively is to have the traffic transit Web Filtering.  If you need to handle ports other than HTTP/S, I would put the Default Profile in Transparent and really lock it down and then create a Web Filtering Profile in Standard where the Proxy can enforce filtering rules on HTML accesses using ports other than TCP 80/443.  I think you have to ban apps that can bypass Web Filtering.  You might start looking here with a Google on:

site:community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f/web-protection-web-filtering-application-visibility-control school

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • It's pretty hard to filter out media content unless you have a great AI equipped with high end DIP(digital image processing) capabilities