This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

web ads filtering

The web filter to block webads is a nice tool to block a lot unnecassaury stuff from the internet.
The internet pages look like a lot nicer.

However:

When I searh the internet many times the first couple of search results are ads.

When we click om this results the webfilter blocks the access to the site.

However the messages I got doesnot tell the website is blocked but tells the connecyion is not secure (Pic is dutch apology for this) 

When I go to the same site the regulair way (by typing the URL) de website appears in the browser.

When I disable the webads filter the search link works fine.

2 queation

Why do I get the wrong message for the blocked site

and lst but more important

Why do I get the search results as I may not visite the link.

I understand the technology of the internet and know the diffence between a web ad search result and a regulair result, however my users get very confused of it.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • googleadservices is been picked up as Ads so it gets blocked, its a HTTPS connection so you will get that page unless you add a certificate to the UTM and push that out to your users that way it will display the correct UTM block page saying they are blocked due to web ads.  Users will click the first result they see they wont know its a sponsored web ad, we have the same issue. But at least they get the block message and know why, so very few report it. 

Thanks, Duncan

• googleadservices is been picked up as Ads so it gets blocked, its a HTTPS connection so you will get that page unless you add a certificate to the UTM and push that out to your users that way it will display the correct UTM block page saying they are blocked due to web ads.  Users will click the first result they see they wont know its a sponsored web ad, we have the same issue. But at least they get the block message and know why, so very few report it. 

Thanks, Duncan

Children
No Data