This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to retrieve ACT KEY for SG105

Hello to all,

I cannot activate subscription on mySophos for sg105 because I do not have the ACT Key for this device.
How can I activate the purchased FG1A3CSAA Subscription on this device?
It is it possible to retrieve the ACT Key again?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hey mar747.

Is this a renewal? If so, it should be bound to a previously activated subscription at MyUTM portal on which you would only apply the upgrade key. If you don't have an ACT key or a previously activated subscription, you should contact Sophos Customer Care (customercare@sophos.com) and explain the situation. They should be able to provide you with an ACT key as long as everything checks out.

Regards,

Giovani

• Hey Giovani,

This is a Voll Version FG1A3CSAA SG 105 FullGuard - Subscription 36 MOS

Any way if I process license activation on mySOPHOS, then the ACT Key must be confirm to go next Step.

Thanks for you Help

Kind Regards

Marius

• Hey Marius.

That's what I'm saying. That ACT key is bound to the appliance, not to the subscription. Just to make things clearer, you have two ways of activating a subscription:

- If it's a renewal, there should already be a license on MyUTM, even if expired, which is bound to your appliance's serial number. That license would have been created using an ACT key which was provided with your appliance and, even if expired, you should be able to apply this upgrade key on it and extend your subscription.

- If this is a new license for a new appliance, that ACT key should be sent along with your UPG key. Since you don't have an ACT key, I take it we're talking about a renewal. 

If it's a renewal, in case you have mistakenly deleted your expired license from MyUTM portal, you will need to contact Customer Care and explain the situation. They should provide you with a new ACT key in this case.

If this is a new license for a new appliance and you have not received an ACT key, talk to the partner from which you bought this appliance from and request that ACT key from them.

There's also the possibility that you acquired this appliance from a third party. In that case they should have provided you with an ACT key or at least transferred the appliance's base license to your MyUTM user, so you would be able to apply the UPG key on it. If that's the case and they didn't and won't do it, try talking to Customer Care and explaining the situation. It would be harder, but as long as you can provide them with a reasonable explanation for not having an ACT key, they should be able to help.

Any way, this is not the place to get this sorted. You need Sophos to fix this, and this forum is not for official support. We're just people helping people. =]

Regards,

Giovani

• Hey Giovani,

Thanks for your Help,

Regards,

Marius

Reply Children
No Data