This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IPv6 Tunnelbroker / wrong (?) address assignment to clients

Hi,

I have UTM 9.5 running with two Routers (each DSL, native IPv4, no native IPv6). One has static IPv4, the other dynamic IPv4. I want to set up a IPv6 tunnel with the dynamic Router.

Recently I aquired an IPv6 tunnel from tunnelbroker.net and I'm struggeling with the correct setup.

What I get from tunnelbroker.net:
My tunnel endpoint is 2001:xxxx:xxxA:xxxx::1
My router endpoint is 2001:xxxx:xxxA:xxxx::2
Designated /64 is 2001:xxxx:xxxB:xxxx::/64

I've set the address on the UTM-Interface [Interfaces & Routing > Interfaces] to 2001:xxxx:xxxB:xxxx::1 (first address in my designated /64). And I've checked the "IPv6 Default Gateway" and set the Gateway address to FD00::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx, which is the address from my router.

Under [Interfaces & Routing > IPv6] it says "Native over Dynamic: 2001:xxxx:xxxB:xxxx::1, Subnet: 2001:xxxx:xxxB:xxxx::/64" (which seems to be correct)

When I check with http://whatip.me/ it says "your ipv6 is 2001:xxxx:xxxB:xxxx::1" which makes sense, since I use Web Protection from UTM (therefor UTM is Proxy and no website sees my clients IPv6).

Now, what puzzles me is this:

Every computer in my network gets an IPv6 with the following prefix:  2001:xxxx:xxxC:xxxx::/64 (notice the "C", not "B" as I would expect)

Where is this coming from? I would think that my clients should get anything from within my assigned Prefix... Seems wrong to me. Can someone please elaborate on this?

Thank you

Martin

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data