This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IPsec client free

Hello guys,

I have Sophos UTM home edition, last version. Is there any free remote IPsec VPN client that can be used for Sophos?

As I saw, Sophos IPsec client has a subscription and i only have 2 users accessing the VPN. It would be pointless to buy the subscription for home use.

I prefer IPsec solution, not the SSL VPN.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Unfortunately, IPsec VPN client requires a license. The only free remote access VPN clients available are SSL, L2TP over IPsec, PPTP & Cisco VPN.

Thanks,

Karlos

Karlos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.
  • indeed, but i am asking about a free/open source VPN IPsec client compatible with sophos.

• Hi panicos,

Karlos is right, IPSEC VPN clients are mostly licensed, although ShrewSoft is a Free IPSec VPN client, but it is open source. I also haven't used it, so cannot guarantee it is flawless or that it will work correctly (you may have to do some testing first).

If you wait a few months, IKEv2 is about to be released for the UTM, and Windows can use this OOTB..

Jason

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

• Hi panicos,

Karlos is right, IPSEC VPN clients are mostly licensed, although ShrewSoft is a Free IPSec VPN client, but it is open source. I also haven't used it, so cannot guarantee it is flawless or that it will work correctly (you may have to do some testing first).

If you wait a few months, IKEv2 is about to be released for the UTM, and Windows can use this OOTB..

Jason

Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

Children
  • Great news, JasonFell. Didn't know IKEv2 will be released. Will it be available through a firmware update or will it need full reinstall?

• I believe it will just be an update not a full install (that might cause issues with all the Sophos Admins out there who have been waiting a very long time for this), although Sophos has this on their road-map, I can only imagine the issue they are having getting it working.

It's meant to be due out early next year.