This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9.X Ubiquiti Unifi AP Tutorial

Hello,

I have scoured the web for hours trying to find a simple tutorial on how to add a non-Sophos AP to UTM Home. Unfortunately I'm fruitless.

So far I have:

• Plugged the AP into my switch which is connected to UTM
  • DHCP is running and it has an automatically assigned an IP
  • Wireless Protection is enabled and configured to run on the Internal network
  • I am viewing the Access Points but there is nothing in pending

Please could anyone share their experience with this. Is there something stupid I am missing?

Thank you in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If you wish to use the inbuilt Wireless Protection Feature in sophos UTM9 you will need a Sophos branded Access Point. 

There are a few things to bare in mind though.

• Whats your coverage area?
    • Whats your budget as Sophos AP's aren't especially cheap.
    •  How many users (im guessing as your on a home licence around 50ish)
    • What wireless specification do you aim to use 2.4Ghz (b/g/n) 5Ghz (a/n) or both (n/ac) as this will link back in with the price.

Personally I bought 2 AP30 2.4Ghz N access points and ive only needed 1 of them to cover my whole house back garden and driveway (my house has concrete walls)

hope that has given you a more detailed answer and some points to consider if you do decide to use the Sophos Wireless Protection feature.

Sam

• If you wish to use the inbuilt Wireless Protection Feature in sophos UTM9 you will need a Sophos branded Access Point. 

There are a few things to bare in mind though.

• Whats your coverage area?
    • Whats your budget as Sophos AP's aren't especially cheap.
    •  How many users (im guessing as your on a home licence around 50ish)
    • What wireless specification do you aim to use 2.4Ghz (b/g/n) 5Ghz (a/n) or both (n/ac) as this will link back in with the price.

Personally I bought 2 AP30 2.4Ghz N access points and ive only needed 1 of them to cover my whole house back garden and driveway (my house has concrete walls)

hope that has given you a more detailed answer and some points to consider if you do decide to use the Sophos Wireless Protection feature.

Sam

Children
No Data