This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Allow Outbound Emails with Password Protected Excel attachments

I have a number of users who like to send Excel sheets with a password to outbound recipients. These mails are detected as unscannable by Mail Manager, so now I have to release these manually after a call from the user.

Is there a 'safe' method to allow these mails to pass, without me having to release them manually?

The only way I found to do this now, is to exclude all outbound mail for these users, but that does not feel good ;-)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • There's not a lot of flexibility here, as Doug says.  Another option is to select 'Unscannable' in 'Release Options' on the 'Advanced' tab of 'Quarantine Report'.  Unfortunately, that applies to everyone that receives a Quarantine Report or that can login to the User Portal.  Finally, and possibly most-practical for you, you could assign one or two people as "Mail Manager" on the 'Access Control' tab of 'Management >> WebAdmin Settings'.

Cheers - Bob 

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • There's not a lot of flexibility here, as Doug says.  Another option is to select 'Unscannable' in 'Release Options' on the 'Advanced' tab of 'Quarantine Report'.  Unfortunately, that applies to everyone that receives a Quarantine Report or that can login to the User Portal.  Finally, and possibly most-practical for you, you could assign one or two people as "Mail Manager" on the 'Access Control' tab of 'Management >> WebAdmin Settings'.

Cheers - Bob 

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data