This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HA Failure

Hi All,

We've recently had an issue with our Sophos UTM HA cluster.  The salve node was showing as DEAD for some reason and then disappeared from the HA menu. Then on the master node the HA / Cluster module started to show as inactive.

I cannot reach the slave node by its IP address and going into VMWare it shows that it has the same IP address as the Master node (192.168.106.61)

Two questions:

1) How would I manage to get the slave node back to the point where I can administer it?

2) Can I then re add it to the cluster without risk of wiping the Master node (Which publishes all of our external facing websites)

Cheers

Anthony  

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Anthony,

1) just put it in a seperate network without any connection to the device which is now master, and connect from an VM in same netrange to webadmin IP

2) Master is choosen by Uptime. So if your slave is rebooted it will again be slave. But to avoid any issues be shure to have a backup avaible, just for worst case.

Best regards

Dennis

• Hi, Anthony, and welcome to the UTM Community!

1) I'm not sure what you're asking here, but you only can reach WebAdmin on the Master, never on the Slave.  If you mean reaching it via SSH, then that's done by ssh'ing into the Master and then, as root, running ha_utils ssh.

If you are running both UTM VMs on the same server, you will want to move the Slave to a different server.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA