This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I divide/share my internet connection with clients dynamically?

I am using Sophos UTM9 at home and at work, and I have done research on this subject but cannot find the answer. I am not sure if it is easily possible, please let me know if it is.

So as an example, at home I have a 100/40 internet connection. When my gaming PC does updates via steam, origin or other game downloading softwares it maxes out my internet connection which is great, but anyone else trying to access the internet complains that webpages struggle to load, youtube is slow, netflix freezes etc.

Firstly, is there a way to dynamically divide the internet connection with any users that start pulling data. By this I mean, not having to manually set a certain traffic shape speed for a certain service, just a blanket rule which says "ok so 3 users are now trying to download and stream, share the available internet connection with these users evenly". Or even better, if one user is only accessing webpages they are guaranteed 10% of the available speed and the rest goes to the user pulling large amounts of data.

Is this possible?

If not, I am assuming I would have to create a throttling rule for certain services (eg. guarantee http xxxkb/s etc)?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data