This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Endpoint Security and Control configuration settings retention

Using UTM Home Edition running 9.411-3.

Recently implemented  Endpoint Security and Control via the UTM to protect a couple of lab servers. All seems to be working well. Endpoints are visible in the UTM and show "Online" and show a status of "OK". The main compliant is the retention of various configuration settings done on an individual server basis. For example an On-access scanning exclusion gets configured on an individual server. Log back into the server some time later and the exclusion is gone. I see this same behavior when configuring email settings under "Messaging" for individual endpoints.

I don't see the ability to configure any of these settings in the UTM.

What am I missing? 

Thanks in advance,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Just a little bit of clarification. 

I can see in the UTM where to add some types of exceptions. However, I want to add a process exception for the backup process (wbengine). I do not see the ability to do this in the UTM interface. I can do this on the individual server but it does not retain.

I also do not see the ability to set email messaging parameters in the UTM other than the ubiquitous single line item for "Endpoint Virus Detected" in the Management, Notifications screen.  

• Hello Dale McKay,

[I'm neither a UTM guy, nor really familar with Home or Central - ESC caught my attention]
    I fear that some (management) features have not (yet?) been implemented - from the docs it seems more like Home than Central. with regard to the Endpoint settings. I assume that policy compliance for endpoints is enforced at regular intervals like in the other products that manage endpoints over the cloud (MCS) - this is why the settings revert after some time.

Christian

• Hello Dale McKay,

[I'm neither a UTM guy, nor really familar with Home or Central - ESC caught my attention]
    I fear that some (management) features have not (yet?) been implemented - from the docs it seems more like Home than Central. with regard to the Endpoint settings. I assume that policy compliance for endpoints is enforced at regular intervals like in the other products that manage endpoints over the cloud (MCS) - this is why the settings revert after some time.

Christian

Children
No Data