This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connecting previous Endpoint clients to new Sophos UTM install

Just wondering, I have done a fresh install of Sophos UTM due to some other issues. I have a heap of Windows clients with the Sophos Endpoint virus scan client installed that was connected to the previous install of Sophos UTM. Is there anyway to connect them to the new Sophos instance, e.g. a commandline that points them to the new Sophos UTM instance?

Also just out of interest as I am not going to do it as I have it all configured as required now, if I was to have loaded the backup of the previous instance of the Sophos UTM would the endpoint clients have been reconnected? or does the config purely restore firewall rules and other settings?

thanks

Tom

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • "... if I was to have loaded the backup of the previous instance of the Sophos UTM would the endpoint clients have been reconnected?"

Yes, Tom, that would have solved the problem.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • "... if I was to have loaded the backup of the previous instance of the Sophos UTM would the endpoint clients have been reconnected?"

Yes, Tom, that would have solved the problem.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • No problems. Now that I am looking at not doing that is there any other command line / software setting that I can use to connect the old clients to the new UTM instance? Or is the only way an uninstall of the Endpoint Vscan client and then a reinstall of the new client as downloaded from the UTM?

thanks

• Not that I know of, Tom.  That would be a good question for Sophos Support.  Please share what you learn from them.

There a KnowledgeBase article on uninstalling if that's the way you need to go.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • No problems, just a home based user so don't think I have any access to support. All good.