This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I see a list of WIFI devices by WIFI Network?

I want to manage who is getting on our school WIFI network better than I am. I need to start building whitelist/blacklists of MAC addresses. How can I short list all the devices connected to our network by which network they are connected to?

M

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi  

Browse to Wireless Protection tab and select Show by SSID to list the clients connected to WIFI network.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Hi Marvin and welcome to the UTM Community!

Try the following at the command line and let us know if that was what you were looking for:

grep -oP ' ssid_id=".*? status_code' /var/log/wireless.log|sort -n|uniq -c >/home/ssid-mac

Or, to get everything from this February:

zgrep -oP ' ssid_id=".*? status_code' /var/log/wireless/2020/02/*|sort -n|uniq -c >/home/ssid-mac.feb

I suppose there's a way to get that from the logs in WebAdmin, but I haven't tried it.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Looks interesting. I've never used the command line before. Didn't even know there was one, just used the web interface.

Off to learn how to command line the UTM. Feel free to share a link that'll educate a UTM command line noob <grin> so I can try your command.

• If you want to use the search routine in WebAdmin, look for lines with ssid_id.  Once you have that list, copy it out to a text editor where you can replace some spaces with tabs and then load the edited text into a spreadsheet where you can sort and find which sta MACs are associate with which SSIDs.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • What space would I do this in? Where am I gleaning this information from?

I opened the Wireless Protection/Wireless Status/Open Wireless Protection Live Log [button] and let that run for a bit, but it just shows what's happening now... which is just giving me a list of the devices trying to get on that I've not whitelisted.

I also found the clipboard/magnifying glass button to all the live logs, started opening those, trying to guess which one would hold this info and wasn't getting lucky there either.

• For example:

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA