This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reading log files

I have hopefully a simple question. Recently we are having issues connecting to a backup device from a Cloud portal page, and when contacting their support they blamed the issue on our firewall which he said was doing packet filtering or some kind of deep packet inspection (it's not). He's requesting Firewall and Web Filtering logs to prove this, but when I search for the IP of the cloud portal page or the URL, I'm getting no results. If I search for something like my email server I am getting a ton of results. I'm not familiar with reading logs so I'm wondering how I can gather this information. Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

first of all, do you want to check a connection from your WAN to LAN or do you want to check a connection from LAN to WAN?

Regards,

Ole

• How are you searching, Chad?  Can you access the command line to use grep?  In addition to Firewall and Web Filtering logs, check Intrusion Prevention (see #1 in Rulz).

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA