This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forward subdomain

I have domain xxx.xx. One apache server for host xxx.xx and www.xxx.xx (192.168.1.6); one domain controller with name ad.xxx.xx (192.168.1.5).

I used DNS Request Routing to forward ad.xxx.xx to 192.168.1.5 it runing ok; but when i set DNS host name for xxx.xx i can't resolve my ad.xxx.xx.

please helpme!

Sorry for my english if you don't understand.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Tran,

What is the DNS Server IP address set on the machine? I did not get a clear picture of your requirement here. Can you please show me few screenshots of the configurations and iterate me about your requirement?

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Thank you.

Some screenshots of my configuration

• Looks like you might need to change the request routing from ad.hientn.local to just hientn.local, since hientn.local seems to be the domain name and ad.hientn.local is a specific machine inside the hientn.local domain.

You have now configured that the domain name is ad.hientn.local and therefore it will forward a request to ie:   pcname.ad.hientn.local to the desired dc.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• Looks like you might need to change the request routing from ad.hientn.local to just hientn.local, since hientn.local seems to be the domain name and ad.hientn.local is a specific machine inside the hientn.local domain.

You have now configured that the domain name is ad.hientn.local and therefore it will forward a request to ie:   pcname.ad.hientn.local to the desired dc.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

Children
  • With microsoft dns server i can forward my sub domain to other server with delegration zone, but with sophos and bind9 on centos, i can't do it

• I am not familiar with bind on Linux, but the DNS implementation on UTM is not a full blown DNS server, therefore I guess it might not support zone delegation. What you have configured is just a DNS request routing which says that all requests for that DNS name should be forwarded to the specified DNS server.

• Chào Tran and welcome to the UTM Community!

You should consult DNS best practice.  If you still need help after the great suggestions above, please insert a diagram showing the hosts/devices related to this question.  Even a photo of a hand-drawn diagram is good.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA