This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

hotspot password of the day recovery

Hey everyone,

So I see from searching the forum there is an app to get the password of the day, my question is why is this necessary? I recently had some trouble with my guest WiFi, set up as a hotspot/password of the day where a couple of the admin staff receive an email with the password each morning. But there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get the password other than waiting up to an hour to get the email, which is crazy. Since I had to practically reboot the UTM to get it working again the password of the day was reset to something new. Now how do I tell the people that are on site for a meeting what the new password of the day is? Wait up to an hour for the next possible scheduled email task to run? Why can't we just see the password as a UTM admin or am I missing something, shouldn't this be easy?

Cheers

dave

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, Dave, and welcome to the UTM Community!

If you're having stability problems, you might want to change to a voucher system.

If you want to continue to use a PotD, it only takes about five minutes to login to WebAdmin, delete the current Hotspot, create a new one and receive an email.

Your implication that it would be nice to be able to get the PotDs on demand is a nice idea that you might want to suggest or vote for at http://feature.astaro.com/.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Dave,

If you need to grab Password of the Day and you haven't received the email yet (the fact you're not receiving the email for that length of time might be an issue unrelated but is causing the symptom) is to go to the User Portal. When you create the PotD hotspot, you add administrative users, these users can then log onto the User Portal and click the hotspots tab and will be able to see the current password for the hotspot under the dropdown as well as generate a new one.

Just make sure you haven't disabled the hotspots tab in the User Portal settings :)

Emile