This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

AP55 - Sophos UTM 9 - signal range

Hi,

Question regarding the range on the AP55. 

I installed and configured the AP, syncing successfully to my UTM 9 install - 9.406 if I remember correctly. 

I can use the AP as required, but have a poor signal range. AP is in the kitchen, home office is 10 feet away, wireless signal drops to one bar, if not a complete disconnect. My AT&T wireless ( which is now off) had far greater signal and range in the house.

I have configured the Wireless Networks as separate - also, separate 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels for the required SSID's.

All Wireless Networks set to Auto (for channel)  - Speed 100% - 

Anyone seen / seeing this with the AP55?

Thanks.. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, Dean, and welcome to the UTM Community!

In the 'Advanced' section of the Access Point definition, you can set the signal strength.  From your description, if that setting doesn't fix your problem, I would return the AP to your reseller and request a replacement.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Bob,

Appreciate it!

Signal strength for 2.4 and 5ghz channels is set to 100%. I had read in other threads reducing this has helped, not in my case. I also tried specific bands for each with no luck.

I'm assuming by your comment the range and signal strength for 10feet should be substantially greater?

Thanks.